Adrian was admitted to practice in 2001 after completing a Bachelor of Arts/ Laws (Honours) degree at ANU and joined Nicholas O’Donohue & Co in 2012 as a Senior Associate. In 2014 Adrian became an Accredited Specialist in Business Law. Recently Adrian has started leading the Business, Commercial and Financial Services Division and works with standards to always meet client's expectations.
Adrian advises accountants and financial service professionals (and their clients) on business sales, client list transfers, succession planning, business partnering arrangements and company restructures.
Adrian’s experience includes:
- Business and asset sales and purchases
- Business ownership or relationship agreements
- Succession planning and implementation
- Joint Ventures and Partnerships
- Asset protection and restructuring
- Corporations Act compliance
- Intellectual property protection
- Employee restraints
- Corporate restructures.
- Shareholders agreements, unitholders agreements, and joint ventures.
- Contract drafting and reviews across various transactions.
- Capital and debt raisings.
- Debt structuring advice for financial institutions as well as corporations (including developers) and self managed superannuation funds across multiple classes including asset-based finance, property finance, receivables finance, securitisation and acquisition finance.
- Advising on compliance with credit consumer laws and the Personal Property Securities Act.
- Employment and contractor agreements and associated advice.
- Commercial leases.
- Managed investment scheme establishment, compliance and regulatory submissions (including in relation to Australian financial services licensing).
Adrian has gained experience working with fund managers, independent and institutional dealer groups, insurers, professional associations and their business partners, members and associates. His client relationships are reflected in his memberships with the Association of Financial Advisers and his role on the Victorian GenXt (young advisers) committee.
Adrian is also a committee member of the Business Law Section for both the Law Council of Australia and the Law Institute of Victoria and is a director of YGAP, a not for profit social enterprise focused on changing the lives of people living in poverty